Members are increasingly demanding that the interactions they have with their health plan are just as timely, relevant, and convenient as those they experience in other areas of their lives. In 2023, health plans can best capitalize on this opportunity by ensuring they are optimizing their existing member communication channels to be as effective as possible.
- Behavioral science techniques and best practices in member engagement from other consumer-centric industries are quickly becoming the norm in payers’ interactions with their members
- Personalization drives action with relevant, clear, and concise messaging, and easy-to-complete next steps will continue to see better engagement results
- Multi-channel communications all reinforcing a consistent and unified message to the member is quickly becoming the expectation
- Predictive analytics will play a key role in identifying how to reach the right members, with the right message, at the right time to guide them toward their next best action
- Star Ratings and HEDIS scores are increasingly rewarding plans with the best member experience, causing health plans to invest accordingly